Sesame oil, cold-pressed
Sesame is one of the world’s oldest oil plant. The oil is particularly appreciated for high-quality fats. It’s characterized by its light yellow color, typical fragrance of sesame and its fresh aroma. It’s often used for Asian dishes.
The sesame oil from Pödör is obtained from the white seed of the sesame. The harvest is still done manually. This is the only way that guarantees the correct maturity of the seeds used for pressing.
100% oil from sesame seed.
Average nutrition value
100 g contain on average:
Saturated fatty acids13g
Monounsaturated fatty acids42g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids45g
May contain walnuts, hazelnuts or peanuts seeds in traces!
Omega fatty acids
Unopened it can be stored for 18 months in a cold, dry space protected from sunshine. The exact expiry date is displayed on the bottle.
After opening, it is recommended to use it within 3-4 months, so that its valuable vitamins, trace elements and minerals do not lose their high quality.
It is an unfiltered oil, so best to shake it up before consumption.
Country of origin: Austria
Uses for sesame oil
Its pleasant aroma lends common foodstuffs such as rice, noodles or vegetarian dishes an exotic flavor. It harmonizes perfectly with raw or steamed vegetables (especially with beetroot and spinach); can be used for enhancing and flavoring soups (e.g. vegetable soup, tomato soup) and sauces as well as in vegetable salads and fruit salads.
- Sesame seed risotto
- Chicken breast and pear chutney
- Asian pasta salad in a jar – a convenient office lunch
- Cucumber salad with sesame seeds and honey recipe
- Date and chickpea spread recipe
- Chick pea couscous salad recipe
- Avocado-chick pea cream recipe
- Chicken taco recipe
- Indian carrot salad recipe
- Asparagus shrimp salad recipe
- Sesame seed pesto
- Duck breast carpaccio with sesame seed oil and chili mustard sauce
- Curry carrot cream recipe